- 14 cups Brazilian Cheese Bread, baked and cut into cubes (2-3 11.5 oz bags)
- 8 T unsalted butter
- 2 cups onions, diced small
- 1 cup celery, diced small
- 2 T Italian parsley, chopped fine
- 2 T sage, chopped fine
- 1 T kosher salt
- 1 t black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds Italian sausage
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 T dried porcini mushrooms
PREHEAT OVEN TO 400° F
Cook Brazi Bites according to package instructions and let cool. When cooled, cut Brazilian Cheese Bread into quarters and place back onto baking sheet. Re-bake at 400F until cheese bread becomes dried/crouton texture, approximately 15-20 min. Set aside.
In a medium saucepan heat butter over medium heat. Add onions, and celery and saute until soft. Add Italian parsley and sage and saute for another minute. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside in a bowl.
Using the same medium saucepan, saute the Italian sausage until cooked through and set aside.
In a separate medium saucepan, heat chicken stock over low heat and add dried porcini mushrooms. When it comes to a simmer turn off heat and let stand for 10-15 min.