- 1-2 bags Cheese Bread, thawed
- 5 T unsalted butter
- 4 Anaheim chilis, roasted, peeled and chopped
- 4 poblano pepper, roasted, peeled and chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 jalapeños, minced
- 2 yellow onions, finley diced
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1 lb boneless chuck, trimmed and cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 3 T chili powder
- 2 t cayenne pepper
- 2 t ground coriander
- 2 t ground cumin
- 2 t granulated garlic
- 2 t granulated onion
- 2 t hot paprika
- 2 t kosher salt
- 2 t black pepper
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 12 oz lager beer
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 15.5 oz cans kidney beans, with juice
- 3 15.5 oz cans pinto beans, with juice
- Sour cream (garnish)
- Cheddar cheese (garnish)
- Green onions, sliced (garnish)
Preheat oven to 400F.
Spray a muffin tin with pan spray and set aside.
In a large stockpot heat butter over medium heat. Add Anaheim chilies, poblano peppers, red bell peppers, jalapeno chilies and onions and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and saute for another minute.
Add the chuck and brown, 4-5 minutes. Add the ground beef and sausage and brown, stirring gently, trying not to break up the ground beef too much. Cook until nicely browned and cooked through, 7-10 minutes.
Add the chili powder, cayenne, coriander, cumin, granulated garlic, granulated onion, paprika, salt and black pepper. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add the tomato sauce and paste and stir to caramelize, about 2 minutes.
Stir in the beer and stock. Add the kidney and pinto beans, lower the heat and simmer until slightly reduced and thickened.
Adjust seasonings to taste.
While the Chili simmers, placed 2-3 pieces of thawed Cheese Bread in each muffin tin. Press the Cheese Bread down to create cups.
Bake Cheese Bread Cups for 20 minutes. Allow them to cool slightly and ladle your Chili in and serve!