- 1 bag Cheddar & Parmesan Cheese Bread
- 1 medium white onion, diced into 1/2” pieces
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 C chopped curly kale
- 2 t avocado oil (or grapeseed oil)
- 1 15-oz can fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 2 15-oz cans beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 1/2 t chili powder
- 1/2 t ground cumin
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 C shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1 ripe avocado
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Thinly sliced radish, for garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 400F.
Heat a large (10-12”) cast-iron skillet over medium heat, add the 2 t. oil, swirl, and let this heat up for about a minute. Sprinkle in the chili powder and spices to the oil. Toss in the chopped onion, cover, and cook until translucent and lightly charred, about 8 minutes.
Add the minced garlic and chopped zucchini. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the zucchini has softened and lightly charred. Add the kale, cover and turn the heat to low, and cook until it turns a vibrant green color. Season with sea salt and pepper.
Now, pour in the crushed tomatoes and beans and stir to combine. Reduce the heat to the lowest setting and let the chili cook for about 8-10 more minutes, stirring every 2 minutes or so.
Bake Cheese Bread according to package instructions.
Assemble the chili bowls when the Cheese Bread has about 5 minutes left. Scoop the chili into bowls and top with shredded cheddar, avocado, fresh cilantro, and sliced radish.
Remove the Cheese Bread from the oven and serve alongside the warm chili. They’re perfect for dipping or just enjoying as a complement.