Thanksgiving never tasted so good with this gluten free Brazi Bites stuffing. Cranberries, Italian sausage and porcini mushrooms add sweetness and depth to the delicious cheese bread crouton base making this recipe a guaranteed family favorite this Turkey Day.
14 cups Brazi Bites, baked and cut into cubes (2-3 frozen bags)
8 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 cups onions, diced small
1 cup celery, diced small
2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped fine
2 tablespoons sage, chopped fine
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 lb. Italian sausage
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
1 cup dried cranberries
2 tablespoons dried porcini mushrooms
1) Cook Brazi Bites according to package instructions and let cool. When cooled, cut Brazi Bites into quarters and place back onto baking sheet. Re-bake at 400F until cheese bread becomes dried/crouton texture, approximately 15-20 min. Set aside.
2) In a medium saucepan heat butter over medium heat. Add onions, and celery and saute until soft. Add Italian parsley and sage and saute for another minute. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside in a bowl.
3) Using the same medium saucepan, saute the Italian sausage until cooked through and set aside.
4) In a seperate medium saucepan, heat chicken stock over low heat and add dried porcini mushrooms. When it comes to a simmer turn off heat and let stand for 10-15 min.
To assemble the stuffing:
5) In a large bowl combine the Brazi Bites croutons, sauteed onions and celery mixture. Add the Italian sausage, the chicken stock with porcini mushrooms, and the cranberries. Mix well. If it’s a bit dry, add more stock.
6) Butter a dish of your choice, (we used a 9 in.pie pan x2) and pour stuffing into the dish.
7) Bake at 300 for 25-30 minutes until browned and heated through.
8) Serve alongside your other Thanksgiving faves!
Recipe from Brazilian Flair in the USA