- 1/2 lb. fresh salmon
- 2 T Olive Oil
- Kosher salt
- 4 T unsalted butter
- 3/4 C red onion, finely diced
- 1 1/2 C celery, finely diced
- 1/2 C red pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 C yellow pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 C fresh Italian parsley, minced
- 1 T capers, drained and chopped
- 1/2 t Tabasco
- 1/2 t Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 t Old Bay seasoning
- 1 C Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 C mayonnaise
- 2 t dijon mustard
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 C mayonnaise
- 1/4 C sweet pickles, diced
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 T granulated sugar
- 1 t dijon mustard
- 5 Malagueta peppers (or peppers of your choice), optional
- Coleslaw mix of your choice
- 1 bag of Brazilian Cheese Bread, any flavor
Preheat oven to 350F.
On a baking sheet pan lightly drizzle olive oil over salmon and season with salt and pepper. Cook salmon 15-20 minutes, until just done.
Cool and flake salmon into pieces into a large bowl. Set aside.
In a medium saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, celery, red pepper, yellow pepper, parsley, capers, Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce, Old Bay, salt and pepper. Saute until vegetables are softened, approximately 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
To the flaked salmon, add the Panko, mayonnaise, mustard and eggs. Mix well. Add the vegetable mixture and combine. Chill for 30 minutes.
Shape into 2 inch mini salmon cakes and set aside.
Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add salmon cakes in batches and fry 3-4 minutes on each side until golden. Keep warm until ready to assemble sliders.
Tatar Sauce Slaw
Combine mayonnaise, pickles, lemon juice, vinegar, sugar and peppers and stir until mixed. Add desired amount of sauce to slaw.
Bake Cheese Bread according to instructions on the bag. Let cool and slice in half. Add slaw and salmon cakes to make the sliders. Serve immediately and enjoy!