- 1 cup ¾ inch cubes butternut squash
- 2 tsp preferred vegetable oil
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup tahini
- 3 tbs fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 1 bag Parmesan and Cheddar Brazi Bites
- 1 large avocado, pitted and diced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ cup jarred roasted red bell peppers, cut into strips
- Alfalfa or radish sprouts
PREHEAT OVEN to 400°
On a baking sheet toss squash cubes with oil, spread out in a single layer, and roast until tender and lightly browned, about 25 minutes.
In a food processor combine roasted squash, chickpeas, tahini, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, garlic, cumin, and salt. Process until very finely ground. With the machine running, add ¼ cup cold water and process until completely smooth.
Bake Brazilian Cheese Bread according to package directions. Let cool slightly, then cut in half crosswise and lay the bottoms of each bite on a countertop.
In a small bowl mash avocado with remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
Spread a small amount of hummus on bites. Top with a cucumber round, a small spoonful of mashed avocado, a couple red pepper strips, and sprouts. Place the top of each bite on top and serve.