Salmon Cake Sliders
PREP TIME 45 MIN TOTAL TIME 1 HR 20 MIN SERVES 6
These mini salmon cake sliders are moist, delicious and gluten-free. We added a crunchy and creamy tartar slaw, then wedged it all between a warm and cheesy Brazilian Cheese Bread. They are perfect as appetizers for a party or game day.
• 1/2 pound fresh salmon
• Olive oil
• Kosher salt
• 4 T unsalted butter
• 3/4 cup red onion, finely diced
• 1 1/2 cup celery, finely diced
• 1/2 cup red pepper, finely diced
• 1/2 cup yellow pepper, finely diced
• 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, minced
• 1 T capers, drained and chopped
• 1/2 t Tabasco
• 1/2 t Worcestershire sauce
• 1 1/2 t Old Bay seasoning
• 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
• 2 t dijon mustard
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 1 cup mayonnaise
• 1/4 cup sweet pickles, diced
• 1 T fresh lemon juice
• 1 T apple cider vinegar
• 1 T granulated sugar
• 1 t dijon mustard
• 5 Malagueta peppers (or peppers of your choice), optional
• Coleslaw mix of your choice
• 1 11.5 oz bag of Brazilian Cheese Bread, any flavor
PREHEAT OVEN TO 350° F
On a baking sheet pan lightly drizzle olive oil over salmon and season with salt and pepper. Cook salmon 15-20 minutes, until just done.
Cool and flake salmon into pieces into a large bowl. Set aside.
In a medium saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, celery, red pepper, yellow pepper, parsley, capers, Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce, Old Bay, salt and pepper. Saute until vegetables are softened, approximately 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
To the flaked salmon, add the Panko, mayonnaise, mustard and eggs. Mix well. Add the vegetable mixture and combine. Chill for 30 minutes.
Shape into 2 inch mini salmon cakes and set aside.
Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add salmon cakes in batches and fry 3-4 minutes on each side until golden. Keep warm until ready to assemble sliders.
TARTAR SAUCE SLAW
Combine mayonnaise, pickles, lemon juice, vinegar, sugar and peppers and stir until mixed. Add desired amount of sauce to slaw.